I am focusing on intentional living to better align how I spend my time and energy with my values. Creating and tracking goals are helping me feel like myself through the pandemic. Here is my (belated) June update!
💰 Financial Wellbeing
Save, Save, Save
On track! I slightly exceeded my goals.
Specifically in the categories Restaurants
and Mindless Online Purchases
. I did so-so this month. I made two larger purchases, a wetsuit and a Fitbit Charge 4, but stayed away from the smaller things that add up. Restaurant spending remains low while sheltering in place.
🧠📚 Personal Development
Read Every Day & Finish 44 Books in 2020 & Read More Diverse Voices
I completed five books, bringing my total to 26.
Explore New Ideas
- The Farthest Shore by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Exhalation: Stories by Ted Chiang
- The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Improve Photography Skills
- SKY Breathing by Art of Living - I started this breathwork class offered by my employer, and am finding it somewhat odd. Another coworker mentioned that it felt like a pyramid scheme. I would not be surprised if we were nudged into a teacher training program at the end. I am not planning on sticking with it, but it’s a good reminder of the value I got out of regular meditation.
- Started Photography Masterclass: A Complete Guide to Photography on Udemy.
I started a course on Udemy! I have not yet been out to shoot photos, but it’s still on the list.
Complete Predictive Analytics Certificate Program by EOY ‘20
No classes in June - they resume in July.
🧘🌲 Fitness & Outdoor Activity
Spend 1 hr/Week in Nature
This month I went camping and scuba diving. It was all in the same week, but it was so wonderful to be outdoors in the forest and by the sea. I camped at a secluded HipCamp site, where I was able to safely physical distance from one other camper on the 125-acre property.
Do Yoga 15x/Month
I did yoga 9 times in June.
Home Exercise Routine
Fail. I was a potato in June. Such a potato.
💻🤳 Digital Life
Reduce Social Media Use
I got an iPhone and I’m still trying to figure out how best to use the Screen Time report. I averaged 41 minutes per day on the category “Social Networking” which appears to include Instagram and Gluon. I removed Instagram from my phone for nearly a week and it was glorious - until I missed messages from my friend who is currently in Iraq. I need to find out how to keep in touch with her without IG!